The Ultimate Yogurt Duo!
For the blueberry yogurt cookies:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets, oil or grease and set aside.
2. Using a large mixing bowl, mix your sugar and yogurt, then blend in the egg and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, whisk the baking powder, flour, and salt. Then blend into the wet yogurt mixture. Next, gently fold in the blueberries.
Leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie, drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies start to barely brown around the edges. Remove cookies and let cool on the baking sheets for around two minutes. Then move cookies to wire cooling rack to complete cooling cycle.
*The first step to making yogurt frosting is very important!*
1. Use a small bowl and fine-mesh strainer. Place strainer over bowl and place yogurt in strainer. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge. Let drain for a minimum of two hours, preferably overnight. This will drain liquid to make proper frosting.
2.Whisk all ingredients-medium speed until they thicken, about 2 minutes.
3. Prepare for fridge and cover. Place in fridge for 30 minutes, while the cupcakes bake and cool.
4. Use a frosting bag or use quart size Ziploc bag snipping the corner for pipe frosting. Or us spatula to spread frosting.
Spread on top of the cooled cookies. These cookies are best eaten within 1 to 2 days! Enjoy!