- 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 10-12 ounces cherries, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 325°. Generously grease a 10-12 cup Bundt pan.
Whisk together 2 & 1/4 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
Gradually add flour mixture, alternating with yogurt. Mix just until blended.
Toss cherries with remaining 1/4 cup flour. Stir cherries gently into batter.
In a small bowl, stir together topping ingredients. Scatter mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
Pour cake batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake 60 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
Cool cake in pan for 15-20 minutes. Then, transfer cake to wire rack to cool completely.
Mix together glaze ingredients, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of cooled cake.
Recipe Retrieved from Bake or Break