Are you looking for a quick and easy, family friendly dinner? What’s better than Fettuccine Alfredo? We’ll tell you – adding some Stoltzfus Yogurt in to the mix! That’s right, for this delicious dinner recipe, plain yogurt is added to the fettuccine alfredo; making it even more satisfying. Plus, it gives you an excuse to stock up on some more Stoltzfus Yogurt…not that you needed an excuse! 🙂
Yogurt Fettuccine Alfredo
1 pound fettuccine noodles
1 small garlic clove, chopped
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper
Dash of nutmeg
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the pasta and a pinch of salt, simmer according to the directions on the box.
- Chop the garlic and add it to the boiling water with the pasta – to infuse the garlic taste with the pasta while making it less strong.
- In a large mixing bowl add and stir the yogurt, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, strain, and return the noodles to the hot pot. Add the butter and toss so the pasta is coated.
- Carefully add the pasta to the yogurt mixture and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and give it another toss. Serve with extra cheese and a dusting of salt and pepper and a hint of nutmeg.
Makes four large servings