Are you looking for something extra special to share with your family and friends this holiday season? Give this cannoli recipe a try with any of our delicious yogurt flavors!
1 container (15 oz) fat-free ricotta cheese
1 container (8 oz) Stoltzfus Strawberry Yogurt
7 sheets frozen phyllo (filo) pastry (14×9 inch), thawed
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Garnishes (if desired)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Colored candy sprinkles or pistachio nuts
- Place 2 coffee filters inside colander, and place colander over large bowl. Spoon ricotta cheese into the coffee filters and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until ready to fill cannoli.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- Cut 5 (12-inch) squares of foil. Tightly roll each into log about 12 inches long by 1 inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet, and spray logs well with cooking spray. Unroll and cut 7 phyllo sheets into 3 (4-inch) pieces each, making 21 pieces (you will use 20 of them). Spray 1 side of each of 2 pieces with cooking spray. Place pieces sprayed sides together, and roll up on half of 1 foil log to make 1 cannoli shell. Spray top of shell with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Repeat on other half of log to make second cannoli shell on log. Continue for total of 5 logs with 2 cannoli shells on each.
- Bake logs of shells on cookie sheet about 10 minutes or shells are until golden brown. Cool completely, about 10 minutes. Carefully twist ends of foil to compress foil logs for easy removal. Carefully slide shells off logs.
- When ready to fill shells, place drained ricotta in medium bowl. Add our Stoltzfus yogurt, and stir until smooth. Spoon mixture into re-sealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off small bottom corner, and pipe filling evenly into shells.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. In small bowl, microwave chocolate and oil uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir until melted. Dip cannoli ends into melted chocolate mixture and immediately into candy sprinkles. NOTE: if dipping ends is desired, fill cannoli AFTER dipping in chocolate.
We hope your holidays are amazing! Be sure to share your variations and ideas with us, we love hearing from you! Happy Holidays!