Baking is one of those activities that is soothing to most people. Whether you bake alone, with friends, or family, it's always fun to add the ingredients and pop in to the oven to make a delicious dish all by hand! We love baking, too, and are happy to be sharing this recipe with you today, using our Stoltzfus Plain Yogurt. You've probably either had, or made, oatmeal cookies at one point or another. But have you ever had yogurt oatmeal cookies? Yes, you read that correctly. With the addition of yogurt to your oatmeal cookies, you wind up with a moist, chewy, delicious cookie! Isn't that the perfect kind? Try this Yogurt Oatmeal Cookies recipe and let us know what you think!
Yogurt Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup splenda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Beat together yogurt, brown sugar and splenda until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- Stir in oats and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- Cool on cookie sheet and place on wire rack.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.